Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blog Response: Kayleigh

This was absolutely fascinating. I remember learning about all of this in high school and this was a great refresher. 

Now for melding these concepts with writing and healing. I feel like almost everyone takes similarities or coincidences as a sign for something like true love. Even dreams make you wonder if you that was a sign or some sort of foreshadowing. 

Now this might get a little personal, but I have a story that has to do with the subconscious and dreams and this psychological fun. And since this is writing and healing, why not put it to good use. 

Over Thanksgiving Break I dreamt three nights in a row that the guy I’m dating cheated on me with other girls. I woke up in the morning so confused. Why did I dream that? Is my unconscious telling me to get out now before I actually get hurt? 

Sadly enough, that dream was pretty actuate. He didn’t cheat on me, but he divulged that he didn’t want a relationship because he wanted the freedom to see other girls. BAM, and their you have it. The magic of the unconscious. I did some writing in my journal to get all of my thoughts out about the situation, and funny enough I came to a collective unconscious conclusion that his animal instinct just wants to spread his sperm around in order to continue the human race, while I want a child and someone to protect my family. I also thought that it might have to do with the fact that he had so much in common with me as well as my father (uh oh, some crazy Freudian psychology goin’ on here). 


Anyway, when we write, we might come to a point where we look at the psychological logistics of trauma or what have you. It offers another perspective that might explain why you’re feeling the way you’re feeling. It might not make that much sense, in fact, it might seem absurd, but it does heal you with an explanation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment